Wednesday / Thursday December 18 and 19 "The Very Old Man with Wings" text to self response.

Learning targets: 


  • I can analyze the development of themes across multiple texts
  • I can analyze the impact of specific word choice on meaning
  • I can analyze the impact of narrative perspective
  • I can identify and analyzing the literary devices used within the short story form
  • I can analyze how an author develops theme through literary devices
  • I can write a literary analysis essay
  • I can cite evidence from the text to support claims
  • I can fluid explanations



Coming up:  Make up day Friday, depending upon what you need to finish up before the break.

In class: Similarly to the last two short stories, you are writing a text to self response. (These are always fun to read!)


Choose one of the following promps and respond with a minimum of 250 words. Use your story as a reference. This counts as a writing grade; that is in the 50% category.

MLA heading; the title is "Who Are We"
Your checklist: spelling, subject/ verb agreement, capitalization (no i), tense changes. Correct use of commas and semicolons.  Vary your sentence structure. Yes, you will use I, but not "I think or I believe or in my opinion." You must include text. That means you need quotation marks. To cite use (Gordimer).  Share 2006630

1. In the context of the short story, why do people do bad things? Cite evidence from this text, your own experience, and other literature, art, or history in your answer.

2. In the context of the short story, what makes you who you are? What defines the characters of the short story?

(remember that these three short stories that we have read are all concerned with our life values and belief systems.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quarter 4 ENGLISH 3 work organized by weekly dates

Thursday, February 13 Morning in the Burned House

Thursday, September 26 Side step: grammar exercises